Monday, October 29, 2012

Perseverance.

My youth has been wasted on worry.

I've lived in poverty my whole life. I've suffered circumstances that my peers have not. I'm sick of it, but it's just a vicious cycle that I don't see how I can get out of. I'm battling problems within myself that perhaps have stemmed from these cruel circumstances that are now shriveling my hope for ever getting out of poverty's grasp. Day to day life is extremely difficult where I live with no money, no car, and no family. My mom became legally blind which not only impairs our living situation but also impairs her self-esteem, which could be the reason that she's no longer a support system for me. I'm alone...so that is why I need to stay determined. I can't let this depression swallow me.I will not let this depression swallow me. It is time to move forward..It is time to break free.



“If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Sara. I wish you the best of luck. Breaking free sounds pretty great, from where I stand. xx

    ReplyDelete